The most exquisite golden treasure of antiquity in Europe will be on display this summer at the Archaeological Museum in Burgas,21 Bogoridi Street.
A few days ago, the nine vessels of the astonishing Panagyurishte treasure arrived in Burgas, and are now exhibited in the Trezore Hall. The objects present a magnificent work of goldsmiths from the Early Hellenistic era, and it is supposed that they belonged to the legendary Odrisian ruler Seuthes III (about 330-300 BC).
The treasure was discovered on December 8, 1949, near the city of Panagyurishte, by the brothers Dekov. It includes a phial, an amphora-rhyton, four zoomorphic rhytons and three anthropomorphic jars. All of them are made of high-quality gold (over 22 carats) and weigh more than 6 kg. The treasure is part of an exposition of the National History Museum in Sofia.
The exhibited objects are a museum copy of the treasure which is part of an exposition of the National Museum of History in Sofia.
The gold objects will remain in Burgas until September 30, and the museum's working hours are every day from 10.00 to 19.00.